‘The party ain’t live without the ice cream and cake!’ Grab your favorite flavor, relax, and read along as Dr. Foodle, the food expert tells you why you shouldn’t be feeling guilty as you down that ice cream pail. After all, don’t doctors know the best?
One of our go-to sweet escapes, sanity-saver and an instant reason to smile. Unfortunately, though, these silky sweet treats are a notorious subject when it comes to health, and are considered by doctors among the worst food items you can try. However, studies conducted through authentic sources, Harvard for example, condone the idea of binge eating on ice cream with tangential facts that are certain to remove the guilt when you eat a bucket.
- Eating ice cream may improve fertility. A Harvard study published in the Journal of Human Reproduction stated that women who consumed one serving of full-fat dairy a day had a 27% less chance of having trouble conceiving than women who took two or more low-fat dairy servings a day. But it should be noted to not go crazy and gulp down three buckets in a row.
- Ice cream is rich in carbohydrates, which are a great source of energy. A half cup contains around 15 grams of carbs, which means that a pint can help you get through the day without issues. This, however, may not be the healthiest way of getting your daily dose of energy, you should incorporate other healthier options, like fruits and vegetables.
- Contains some essential nutrients required by our bodies, including vitamins A, C, D and E, and calcium.
- The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition reported that females who consumed full-fat dairy products, like ice cream, tended to gain comparatively less weight than women who don’t. Another study carried out by Prevention Magazine indicated that eating ice cream daily (in moderation) could be the key to losing weight. This was backed by the idea that calcium helps you lose weight as lack of calcium triggers fat cells to store fat and get bigger.
- If it makes you feel good, it must be good. All jokes aside, ice cream does spark stimulation of the pleasure point in your brain. Remember to not make ice cream feasting a daily habit, but an every-now-and-then indulgence.
Now let’s move on to the fun facts:
- ‘’Brain Freeze’’ occurs when ice cream comes in contact with the roof of your mouth.
- Ice cream was previously known as cream ice.
- The major ingredient is air!
- One of the most unusual flavors ever created is hot dog, which was created in Arizona, US.
- It takes about three gallons of milk to make one gallon of ice cream.
If you enjoyed reading the above facts and would like more of such interesting information, keep up with Dr. Foodle and stay updated on the latest food frenzy!