What’s the best type of dinner party for you to host? Do you love cooking a full sit-down dinner for a gathering of friends and family? Or do you prefer to simply pop open a bottle of wine and lay out some pre-made cheese cubes? Do you love designing a signature cocktail to mirror the theme of your party, or do you often just buy what’s currently on sale in the wine aisle? Answer this short quiz to find out what type of party best reflects your kitchen personality!
- How well do you think you can multi-task in the kitchen?
- I can prepare a couple of things at the same time, but sometimes find myself feeling flustered.
- I’m amazing at multitasking! I do a lot of prep beforehand and am really organized in the kitchen.
- Oh, no. Me trying to do more than one task in the kitchen? No, just no.
- I can prepare 3 – 4 simple dishes simultaneously.
- What’s your favorite party cocktail?
- A cold beer.
- Wine that complements the food being served.
- A pitcher of sangria or alcohol-spiked fruit punch.
- A classic martini.
- Your pantry always contains:
- Ingredients for marinades & BBQ sauce.
- Everything! My pantry is fully loaded.
- The bare minimum – I don’t find myself cooking often.
- Crackers for cheese
- Your thoughts on table linens?
- I love those red-checkered vinyl tablecloths!
- I have a wide array of tablecloths and napkins in a variety of colors and textures.
- Tablecloths and linen? What’s the point? I use paper towels!
- We have a large table with an attractive top, so I don’t use linen often.
- Do you often:
- Call or text your friends over for an impromptu get together?
- Send carefully designed and printed invitations with a theme when you’re having a party?
- Mention a date for a dinner get-together and follow up the day before?
- Send your friends e-invitations through an email service when you’re planning a dinner?
- Your ideal meal consists of:
- Marinated and grilled meats and vegetables served with an array of cold side dishes.
- A five-course dinner that consists of an amazing roast, a fabulous dessert, and even a cheese course.
- Chinese takeout or pizza.
- Freshly baked bread, cheese, and cured meats & olives. Plus champagne!
What your results say about you:
Mostly a’s: Outdoor Barbeque! You’re the laidback, outdoorsy type, who loves to dine al fresco. Your ideal party is a casual get together in your backyard, with grilled foods, cold drinks, and good times.
Mostly b’s: Elegant Dinner Party! You’re a whiz in the kitchen, and love to have total control over the details and menu when you throw a party. Your ideal party is a grand affair designed to impress your guests!
Mostly c’s: Potluck Dinner! You love to break bread with friends, but don’t necessarily want to be the one doing all of the cooking. Focus on one dish and invite your friends to bring the rest! As long as the wine is flowing, you’ll have a great time.
Mostly d’s: Cocktail Party! With you, the focus is on the elegant cocktails and delicious small bites. You love a spectacular party, but want to throw one that requires less effort than a sit-down dinner.