When life gets tough, there will always be some annoying friend standing near you telling you to make lemonade from all those lemons life just handed you or to have a shot of tequila. But what if life just keeps giving you lemons and you are sick of lemonade and tequila (yes, it’s possible to be sick of lemonade and tequila)? You have to do something with them, right? Luckily for you, Dr. Foodle decided to explore the possibilities of this multi-purpose fruit and share his findings with you.
- Use it to declare war on grease. When there is cooking, there is also grease. You can’t cook without it, so you have to get used to constantly cleaning your kitchen areas with all sorts of industrially made products. But what if instead of breathing in toxic components, you could breathe in the refreshing smell of lemons? Next time when grease gives you trouble, put some salt on half a lemon and rub it mercilessly on the greasy area. It will come right off. I’m not sure if that would work on a greasy hair, but it’s definitely worth a try.
- Use it as an insect repellant. Ideally, it would be great if you could squeeze the lemon juice right into insects’ eyes. It will blind them long enough for you to smack them. It’s not exactly chivalric, but hey, you’re not a knight, are you? I admit, that’s really hard to do because majority of insects have really small eyes, and when you squeeze half a lemon you can’t really affect the direction of the squirt. You’ll have to practice, I guess. In the meantime, you can just put halves of lemon on the window. Lots of insects can’t stand the smell of lemon so they’ll keep out of your home
- Make a scrub. Mix half a cup of sugar with finely chopped lemon and add enough olive oil to make a paste. Spread it all over your body to get a silky soft skin. Or you can spread it on a piece of toast, add a slice of ham, and eat it. Life is an adventure! Dr. Foodle is not responsible for any side effects this hideous sandwich might cause you.
- Use it as an air freshener. Why would you spend money on artificial air fresheners when you can use good old lemon? Put half a lemon in a bowl with water and put the bowl on a source of heat. As the heat warms the water, the lovely lemon scent will spread its wings and fly around your home.
- Make yourself laugh. For this, you’ll need a child, 1-3 years old. If you don’t have one of your own, borrow it from someone. Let the kid try a piece of lemon. Nothing bad will happen. As sourness overcomes his body, laughter will overcome yours. What else could you possibly need from life?